“Mary's Woods at Marylhurst”, a premiere senior living community located in Lake Oswego, is currently in need of a part-time Dietary Server/Aide. The primary responsibility of the Dietary Server/Aide is to assist in food preparation and serves meals in all areas of the health center as assigned. Maintains professional demeanor at all times. Ensures clean and sanitary condition of the kitchen and dining areas under the supervision of the Assistant Nutrition Manager. The following information is designed to outline the functions and position requirements of this job. It does not identify all tasks that may be expected.
- Maintains a genuine interest in geriatric care and believes in and upholds the spirit and mission of the organization.
- Demonstrates the ability and willingness to work flexible hours and days, including weekends and holidays.
- Will adhere to facility uniform policy as stated in the employee manual and as specified by the department supervisor and/or director.
- Participates in Quality Assurance activities as assigned.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and honors residents’ dietary preferences.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of therapeutic diets and modified texture diets.
- Ability to lift and transfer up to 40 pounds without assistance.
- Is aware of and abides by Mary’s Woods, as well as the individual departments, policies and procedures, including but not limited to regular attendance and punctuality, as well as physical presence.
- Understands, complies with, and promotes all rules regarding resident rights. Promotes positive relationships with residents, visitors, and regulators, to include presenting a professional appearance and attitude.
- Able to relate positively and favorably to staff, residents and families, and to work as a team with other employees at all levels. Documented ability to function and excel in a team environment.
- Supports and follows all safety and infection control practices.
- Strictly adheres to Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) privacy requirements.
- Assist in the preparation and serving of food in all areas of the MRC as assigned.
- Assist in the set-up of tables and the seating of residents.
- Ensures all proper items are stocked in assigned kitchens including beverages, dry goods, utensils, and chemicals used for sanitation purposes.
- Assists in the cleaning and sanitizing of all dishware and equipment used in the healthcare center.
- Records dishwasher, refrigerator and food temperatures on a daily basis.
- Ensures proper storage and rotation of food and supplies.
- Education equivalent to the completion of a high school diploma or GED
- One to three years previous dietary aide/server experience preferred.
- Must have the ability to read, write and follow oral and written directions necessary to accomplish the job.
- Must hold a current Oregon Food Handlers Card.
- Must obtain a CPR/First Aid and AED certification within the first month of employment.
- Must meet all pre-employment requirements including: drug and alcohol testing, criminal background investigation as required by the Department of Human Services for Senior Living organizations, a TB test and reference inquiries.
Current part time schedule:
- Part Time variable shift w/evenings, weekends & holidays. Daytime availability a plus.
- 15-20 hours per week
- Compensation: Starting salary rate of $13.50/ hour
If you are interested in this position please apply below. (Important Note: After successfully submitting your application you will receive an email from Mary’s Woods with the subject title: NEXT STEP IN THE APPLICATION PROCESS. Check your inbox or spam folder.)
- Mary’s Woods actively reaches out to candidates from diverse backgrounds with values that align with ours.
- Mary's Woods is a tobacco free workplace
- Mary's Woods is an equal opportunity employer
- Mary's Woods participates in E-Verify
- Mary’s Woods is a non-profit organization
Mary's Woods voted one of Oregon's Top 100 Nonprofit Best Places to work for in the last 6 years and top ten the last 2 years!