“Mary's Woods”, a premiere senior living community located in Lake Oswego, is currently seeking a full-time Maintenance Technician to work Monday thru Friday - 8 hour shift.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for general maintenance of the buildings and grounds of Mary’s Woods. The following information is designed to outline the functions and position requirements of this job. It does not identify all tasks that may be expected.
- Demonstrates the ability and knowledge to operate power hand tools and equipment and read common measuring instruments.
- Must have the ability and willingness to work occasional weekend days.
- Demonstrate the basic knowledge of building material and construction techniques.
- Attends and participates in orientation, training, educational activities and in-services as required.
- Will adhere to facility uniform policy as stated in the employee manual and as specified by the department supervisor and/or director.
- Participates in Quality Improvement activities as assigned.
- Participate in on-call one week on a rotating basis as needed to provide emergency help when needed.
- Ability to lift and transfer up to 40 pounds without assistance.
- Is aware of and abides by Mary’s Woods, as well as the individual departments, policies and procedures, including but not limited to regular attendance and punctuality, as well as physical presence.
- Understands, complies with, and promotes all rules regarding resident rights. Promotes positive relationships with residents, visitors, and regulators, to include presenting a professional appearance and attitude.
- Able to relate positively and favorably to staff, residents and families, and to work as a team with other employees at all levels.Documented ability to function and excel in a team environment.
- Supports and follows all safety and infection control practices.
- Strictly adheres to Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) privacy requirements.
- Ability to perform these essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Performs interior and exterior repairs to the buildings, grounds, equipment, and systems.
- Perform minor repairs on carpet, tile, and plastic laminate.
- Assists in testing fire alarm, emergency generator, HVAC and other systems and participates in fire alarm, personal call and other emergency responses as needed.
- Move appliances, furniture and other items as needed to assist with the repair and maintenance of apartments and common area spaces.
- Performs scheduled maintenance checks of the buildings, grounds, and facilities.
- Assists inspectors and contractors in the testing, inspection or repair of equipment, utility/emergency systems and structures.
- Performs minor carpentry on interior wood products, cabinets, shelving units and laminate flooring.
- Requisitions supplies and equipment as authorized by the maintenance manager/director Reports supplies and equipment needs.
- Maintains tools and equipment in good working order, secures tool storage areas assuring work areas and storage areas are neat and orderly.
- Education equivalent to the completion of a high school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in facilities maintenance.
- Must meet all pre-employment requirements including: drug and alcohol testing, criminal background investigation as required by the Department of Human Services for Senior Living organizations, a TB test and reference inquiries.
Salary range: $21.74 - $29.75/hour - Non-Exempt position - Work Shift: Monday – Friday - 8 hours day
Position offers competitive compensation and benefits package.
If you feel you meet the above qualifications and interested in this position, please apply below.
(Important Note: After successfully submitting your application you will receive an email from Mary’s Woods with the subject title: NEXT STEP IN THE APPLICATION PROCESS. Check your inbox or spam folder.)
- Mary’s Woods actively reaches out to candidates from diverse backgrounds with values that align with ours.
- Mary's Woods is a tobacco & drug free workplace
- Mary's Woods is an equal opportunity employer
- Mary's Woods participates in E-Verify
- Mary’s Woods is a non-profit organization
- Mary's Woods voted one of Oregon's Top 100 Nonprofit Best Places to work for in the last 6 years and top ten the last 2 years!