Mary's Woods is a beautiful Retirement and Continuous Care Community located in Lake Oswego, is seeking a full-time RN Staff Development Coordinator.
The Staff Development Coordinator is a dynamic position, responsible for assisting in the hire and onboarding process; ongoing education needs of all facility staff; teaching and mentoring throughout the tenure of each staff in the nursing department. In order to keep current on day to day functions and systems within the units, this position will work as charge nurse at scheduled intervals. Ongoing development of Medication Assistant class curriculum, and teaching and coaching adult learners will be critical to all staff as well as those through the medication assistant class.
The following information is designed to outline the functions and position requirements of this job. It does not identify all tasks that may be expected.
- Develop/Initiate educational opportunities for all nursing staff of the MRC, assuring educational content represents current, evidence based best practice. Utilize innovative teaching methodologies, and participative experiences for adult learners. Identify community experts, when appropriate, to meet the diversity of needs for resident care.
- Update Medication Assistant class curriculum as needed to comply with OSBN requirements. Implement adult learning principles in teaching classes and precept clinical experience collaborating with nursing staff for clarity of resident medication administration needs.
- Promote presence in professional work relationships with all staff of the MRC. Be available to all shifts to build trust, and to identify challenges that can be positively impacted by educational opportunities.
- Engage with the Director of Nursing to improve onboarding of new staff and collaborating with Unit Managers to maximize new staff immersion into resident care, and team building within the unit.
- Work occasional evenings, nights, and weekends, based upon facility need.
- Manage availability to work one shift per week, in any unit, based upon facility need.
- Manage turnover through appropriate screening, interviewing, hiring, and onboarding of new staff.
- Track attendance at practice specific meetings, and education inservice offerings including Relias.
- Assign monthly Relias trainings to include all requirements of regulating bodies of each licensure.
- Assist in policy development related to onboarding, and ongoing education and/or mentoring.
- Ability to lift 60 pounds without assistance.
- Holds a current, unencumbered RN license in the State of Oregon.
- Minimum of 3 years Long Term Care experience.
- Current CPR, First Aide, and Food Handlers card, or the ability to obtain within 30 days of hire.
Employment is contingent upon meeting all pre-employment requirements including; drug and alcohol testing, criminal background investigation as required by the Department of Human Services for Senior Living organizations, a TB test and reference inquiries.
Starting rate: $32.00/hour – non-exempt position
Position offers competitive compensation and benefits package. If you wish to explore the opportunities in more detail please visit our website at http://maryswoods.org/careers/.
If you feel you meet the above qualifications and interested in this position please apply below.
(Important Note: After successfully submitting your application you will receive an email from Mary’s Woods with the subject title: NEXT STEP IN THE APPLICATION PROCESS. Check your inbox or spam folder.)
- Mary’s Woods actively reaches out to candidates from diverse backgrounds with values that align with ours.
- Mary's Woods is a tobacco & drug free workplace.
- Mary's Woods is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity.
- Mary’s Woods participates in E-Verify.
- Mary’s Woods voted one of Oregon’s Top 100 Nonprofit Best Places to Work for the last 6 years and top ten the last 2 years!