Mary’s Woods, a premiere senior community located in Lake Oswego, has an opening for an experienced full time, Assistant Dining Room Manager in our Dietary Department. The Assistant Dining Room Manager assists and supervises in the general operations of dietary staff in all areas of the health center. Acts as the Manager in Charge in the absence of the Food & Nutrition Manager. The following information is designed to outline the functions and position requirements of this job. It does not identify all tasks that may be expected.
- Assists with the hiring, training, orienting, supervising, coaching, disciplining and evaluation of new and existing personnel.
- Possesses knowledge and understanding of all employee job descriptions and responsibilities.
- Demonstrates knowledge of employee relations, ethics, food sanitation, workplace safety, food and labor laws, housekeeping procedures, and food techniques.
- Demonstrates considerable initiative and judgment involved in assigned tasks, delegating responsibilities, resolving operational problems and adjusting grievances of employees, personnel, or member complaints.
- Demonstrates the ability and willingness to work flexible hours and days, including weekends and frequent holidays.
- Assists the department manager and director in managing turnover through appropriate selection, orientation, training, staff education, and development.
- Ability to lift and transfer up to 40 pounds without assistance.
- Is aware of and abides by Mary’s Woods, as well as the individual departments, policies and procedures, including but not limited to regular attendance and punctuality, as well as physical presence.
- Understands, complies with, and promotes all rules regarding resident rights. Promotes positive relationships with residents, visitors, and regulators, to include presenting a professional appearance and attitude.
- Able to relate positively and favorably to staff, residents and families, and to work as a team with other employees at all levels. Documented ability to function and excel in a team environment.
- Supports and follows all safety and infection control practices.
- Strictly adheres to Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) privacy requirements.
- Assists with hiring, training, orienting, coaching, disciplining and evaluating personnel.
- Assists in reviewing employee punches within the Empower time-punch system for all dining room personnel.
- Assists in reviewing, fixing errors and properly organizing and filing customer meal tickets.
- Responsible for balancing the shift schedule as directed by the Food & Nutrition Manager.
- Monitors staff adherence to all sanitary regulations governing the handling, preparation and service of foods on a daily basis.
- Communicates with Food & Nutrition Manager and/or Director on matters of concern between departments, residents, or employees.
- Monitors customer satisfaction by visiting with residents during meal service.
- Documents all disciplinary action as directed by the Food & Nutrition Manager.
- Demonstrates considerable initiative and judgment involved in assigned tasks, delegating responsibilities, resolving operational problems, and adjudicating grievances of employees.
- Education and/or experience equivalent to the completion of a high school diploma or GED.
- Previous restaurant or food service industry in a retirement community. Long term aging facilities highly preferred.
- Current Oregon Food Handlers card.
- Strong knowledge of and proficiency in MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), as well as proper formatting and data management abilities.
- Must meet all pre-employment requirements including: drug and alcohol testing, criminal background investigation as required by the Department of Human Services for Senior Living organizations, a TB test and reference inquiries.
Work Schedule: Sunday, Monday, Friday & Saturday 9:00 am – 5:30 pm (days off - Tues, Wed & Thurs)
Compensation: Starting Rate $16.00 per hour - DOE – plus a generous benefit package.
Position offers competitive compensation and benefits package.
If you wish to explore the opportunities in more detail please visit our website at http://maryswoods.org/careers/.
If you feel you meet the above qualifications and interested in this position - please apply below.
(Important Note: After successfully submitting your application you will receive an email from Mary’s Woods with the subject title: NEXT STEP IN THE APPLICATION PROCESS. Check your inbox or spam folder.)
- Mary’s Woods actively reaches out to candidates from diverse backgrounds with values that align with ours.
- Mary's Woods is a tobacco & drug free workplace
- Mary's Woods is an equal opportunity employer
- Mary's Woods participates in E-Verify
- Mary’s Woods is a non-profit organization
- Mary's Woods voted one of Oregon's Top 100 Nonprofit Best Places to work for in the last 6 years and top ten the last 2 years!