“Mary's Woods at Marylhurst”, a premiere senior living community located in Lake Oswego, is currently in need of full-time Dietary Server/Aides. The primary responsibility of the Dietary Server/Aide is to assist in food preparation and serves meals in all areas of the health center as assigned. Maintains professional demeanor at all times. Ensures clean and sanitary condition of the kitchen and dining areas under the supervision of the Assistant Nutrition Manager. The following information is designed to outline the functions and position requirements of this job. It does not identify all tasks that may be expected.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours and days, including weekends and holidays.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and honors residents’ dietary preferences.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of therapeutic diets and modified texture diets.
- Ability to lift and transfer up to 40 pounds without assistance.
- Understands, complies with, and promotes all rules regarding resident rights.
- Promotes positive relationships with residents, visitors, and regulators, to include presenting a professional appearance and attitude.
- Supports and follows all safety and infection control practices.
- Strictly adheres to Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) privacy requirements.
- Assist in the set-up of tables and the seating of residents.
- Ensures all proper items are stocked in assigned kitchens including beverages, dry goods, utensils, and chemicals used for sanitation purposes.
- Assists in the cleaning and sanitizing of all dishware and equipment used in the healthcare center.
- Records dishwasher, refrigerator and food temperatures on a daily basis.
- Ensures proper storage and rotation of food and supplies.
- Education equivalent to the completion of a high school diploma or GED
- Previous dietary aide/server experience preferred – but we would love to train the right people!
- Must have the ability to read, write and follow oral and written directions necessary to accomplish the job.
- Must hold a current Oregon Food Handlers Card within 2 weeks of employment.
- Must obtain a CPR/First Aid and AED certification within the first month of employment.
- Must meet all pre-employment requirements including: drug and alcohol testing, criminal background investigation as required by the Department of Human Services for Senior Living organizations, a TB test and reference inquiries.
- Current Full Time Schedule:
- Monday & Tuesday – 7:30 am – 2:00 pm
- Wednesday & Thursday – Days Off
- Friday – 11:30 am – 8:00 pm
- Saturday & Sunday – 7:00 am – 3:00 pm
Compensation: $15.00 per hour
Mary’s Woods offers highly competitive wages. The benefits are many, immediate and generous especially for those working full time positions of 30 hours or more per week. Benefits include an option for fully paid medical insurance effective the first of the month following date of hire (even if the month starts the next day!). We also have a fitness room with pool & hot tub, discounted personal training, discounted employee acupuncture and massage, public transportation discounts, free parking, employee assistance/tuition program and a high employer matching contribution to your 403-B retirement plan and other perks. Additionally, employees are eligible to earn paid time off from the moment they start.
If you are interested and would like to know more about our dynamic company, please visit our website at http://maryswoods.org/careers/.
If interested in this position please apply below!
(Important Note: After successfully submitting your application you will receive an email from Mary’s Woods with the subject title: NEXT STEP IN THE APPLICATION PROCESS. Check your inbox or spam folder.)
Mary’s Woods actively reaches out to candidates from diverse backgrounds with values that align with ours.
- Mary's Woods is a tobacco & drug free workplace
- Mary's Woods is an equal opportunity employer
- Mary's Woods participates in E-Verify
- Mary’s Woods is a non-profit organization
Mary's Woods voted one of Oregon's Top 100 Nonprofit Best Places to work for in the last 6 years and top ten the last 2 years!